In today’s episode of the Dietitian Boss podcast I talk with Hilary Downey about her journey of starting a private practice while still a student.
Hilary Downey is a senior at the University of Central Arkansas and will graduate in December 2019 with a double major in nutrition and psychology, and then go on to complete her dietetic internship.
As the owner of Hilary’s Balanced Lifestyle, she helps women all over the world reach their health goals and lose weight while eating the foods they enjoy.
Hilary uses 1:1 coaching focused on flexible dieting and long-term behavior change, virtual group challenges, and works in gyms to help members develop healthy habits. She also gives local and national talks to small organizations and businesses.
In this episode we discuss:
- What inspired Hilary to start her entrepreneurial journey so early on in her career.
- Connecting your higher purpose with your message and the importance of authenticity.
- Advice for students or new dietitians who are too scared to get started.
- The importance of networking online and in-person.
- What keeps Hilary motivated when life gets hectic.
- The role of time-management when starting a business.
Resources from Hilary:
More Resources from Libby:
Want new ideas to grow your nutrition business and private practice?
- Get more clients with this free ebook.
- More podcast episodes
- Instagram @libbyrothschild
- Libby on Facebook
- Check out Libby’s programs for Dietitians