In today’s episode I talk with business manager, Andrea Layne of the Creative Spring. I have her back on the podcast to talk all about business operations and the evolution of our relationship.
Meet Andrea Layne
Andrea has served 11 years as an IT project manager and systems consultant for Fortune 500 companies and a Big 5 Firm in the beginning of her career. That experience gave her a foundation and process for helping businesses run more effectively.
Andrea knows big business. She’s strategized systems for giant corporations. And she deeply knows small business, because she’s have been there in the trenches of making mistakes and having successes. She knows what it’s like to battle profit margins, feel the weight of wearing all the hats, and worry if she could ever make enough to actually pay my bills through her creative passion.
When you win, Andrea wins. When you have a breakthrough, Andrea is your biggest cheerleader. Seeing you thrive in your mission in both life and business is what it is all about.
In this episode we cover:
- Clarification of terms: operating manager vs. business manager vs. business coach
- How system development and management can help you move further faster in your business
- How Andrea and I started working together and how our relationship has evolved
- When new RDs are starting a new business, they tend to use inspiration from other RDs and businesses to structure their new business, but they lose some of their uniqueness in the process. We talk about how to overcome this!
- The importance of evaluating what systems and processes are and aren’t working in your business and how to elicit help to make long-lasting changes
- What to invest in when you’re just starting your business
Want new ideas to grow your nutrition business and private practice? Get more clients with this free ebook.